Re: [gardeners] how does your garden grow

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 05:17:41 +0000

Barb Rothenberger <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> Catherine:  what kind of soil do you have?  I always heard you
> needed sandy or at least more fiberous soil to grow carrots.  We do
> OK with radishes  - wondered if the little baby carrots would do OK
> in our wonderful Missouri clay.

Uh, what is fiberous soil?  Is my garden going to start demanding
Metamucil or one of those other sort of additives?

Liz

I saw on the cover of one of those Star-World-Enquirer type
magazines headlines about Dolly Parton's face falling.  "Amazing" I
shouted to the clerk, a very nice woman of questionable taste who
thinks I'm witty.  She couldn't understand why I thought it was an
amazing cover.  "Think about it.  With her build isn't it amazing
they are talking about her face sagging?"  Such is life.