Re: [gardeners] In the Garden

Lillian Kepp (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 19 Dec 97 02:38:55 PST

On Wed, 17 Dec 1997 11:01:47 -0500 (EST)  Cheryl & Erich Schaefer
wrote:
>>Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
>>just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8,
>>with yet more cold rain.  Bleaghhhhh!
>>(but the roses are STILL blooming)
>
>I saw roses in bloom in front of a building in New york City this
past
>Saturday. Must be all that concrete sheltering (and warming?) the
plants.
>Still don't want to live there. Great energy but soooo noisy and
far too
>little soil!
>
>Cheryl Schaefer
>schaefer @epix.net
>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY

My snapdragons are still alive.  No flowers, but the plants are
doing as well as can be expected.  We've had lots of nights here
(southern Ohio) belowing freezing and it hasn't done them in yet.

I certainly don't think they will make it till spring.  Probably
will go to plant heaven when it hits single digits.

Lillian