Re: [gardeners] Xmas Gifts

Cynthia Mayeaux (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 08:36:24 -0500

At 06:13 AM 12/28/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Got a box of seeds purported to be a mixture of many of the things grown at
>Giverney, Monet's home in France. The seeds are grouped by color only, are
>mixed annuals, perennials and biennials, and are supposed to fill a 12 x
>25' space. Anyone miss what's wrong with this picture? For someone who
>still has trouble discarding seedlings occasionally, regardless of the
>reason, I'm thinking these containers of seeds would be best thrown away
>sooner than later. I'll recognize many of the plants as they get true
>leaves but my head is already aching. Believe it or not, someone with a
>garden gave it to me. Do I meet the challenge or throw the whole business
>into the meadow? What did you get?
>
>Cheryl Schaefer
>schaefer @epix.net
>Zone 5 in the fabulous Finger Lakes of NY

Hi Cheryl,

I've got the same box of seeds.  I liked the box and the idea of planting a
Monet garden, but I've had these seeds around for several years now, never
wanting to plant it because I don't know exactly what seeds are in there.

I'm a big-time Monet lover and do plan to put in a Monet garden, but I will
use several of the Monet books I have to actually plan and plant the pallette.

If you plant yours, let me know what happens.

Cynthia (who received a dozen landscape-garden path lights for Christmas,
and a fourth coffee table book about Monet's gardens and I don't even own a
coffee table :-)
**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **
** http://rdz.stjohns.edu/lists/fiftysomethingwomen/ **