Re: [gardeners] The Freezing Rain Warning Has Ended

Marianne Lepa (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 13 Jan 1998 09:48:03 -0500

At 06:05 AM 1/13/98 -0700, you wrote:
>Thanks for keeping us posted, Marianne.  Do you have any idea how Richter's
>made out?  They're at Goodwood, Ontario, and I can't even find that place
>on my  Rand-Mcnally road atlas.  American news at least mentions the storms
>and shows some horrible pictures, but nothing specific.  If there's any
>good to come out of this whole thing, it's the realization on the part of
>Americans how ignorant of Canadian news we're kept.  Margaret

Hi Margaret,

Not to worry, Richters is well west of here. Goodwood is about 50 miles
northeast of Toronto. It's a very teeny community so I'm not surprized it
doesn't show up on your atlas. Even on the Ontario road maps it only merits
a small dot. :-)  I'm wondering how Gardens North made out though. They're
up in North Gower just outside of Ottawa and to the best of my knowledge
they still may be without power.

Speaking of Richters, I noticed that they've overhauled their free seminar
series to include a lot more sessions on alternative healing strategies,
plus they've added one day workshops on all sorts of herbally things. (If
you're out there Conrad, way to go!!)  I wish I could attend them all, but
given that it's a 6 hour drive round trip, I guess I'll have to be
selective. :-)

And speaking of herbs.........Anybody here growing Epazote? It's supposed
to be good in Mexican cooking and with bean dishes. I'm planning on trying
it out this year, any culture or cooking tips would be welcome.

Marianne
Southeastern Ontario AgCan zone 5b