Re: [gardeners] fortran

asidv@ktc.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 17:37:46 +0000

Tom wrote:

> Fap and Fortran were the only languages I have ever felt
> comfortable with.  For me, those were the good old days (mid 60's)
> as I have never learned English where the meaning of every
> word requires the use of another hundred words per occurence.

Methinks my mother, the "ancient" programmer would agree with you.
She'll never admit it, but her finest hour was in about 1967 coming
up with what is still remembered as the single biggest program ever
written in Fortran. And she's gonna kill me for telling anybody that
she's a closet "geek" <bg>

Catharine