Re: HP was Re: [gardeners] monsterspit revisited

Wed, 14 Jan 1998 16:00:20

At 09:27 AM 1/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
>On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, George Shirley wrote:
>
>> Mine were all done, professionally, on an IBM Selectric. I think computers
>> were still kerosene powered back then. ;-)
>
>When I was typing theses on Selectrics, I lusted for a mag card
>typewriter.   Of course you had to remember to code in all the stops
>so you could change the symbol balls.  But one or two theses a year
>kept me in garden seed quite nicely.  :-)
>
>Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com

Since Liz already posted one of my family confessions I can also tell you
that I sold lots of term papers whilst in collitch. Amazing how many young
people will buy a paper and take a chance on getting caught. My best story
is how I made up an entire paper in undergraduate American Lit. It was
neatly done with foot notes, bio, everything, and all a lie. The instructor
never ever caught on. Usually wouldn't have done that but I was in a
flaming hurry and didn't have time to go to the library.

George