Re: HP was Re: [gardeners] monsterspit revisited

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 14 Jan 1998 18:17:06 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 14 Jan 1998, George Shirley wrote:

> At 09:27 AM 1/14/98 -0800, you wrote:
> Since Liz already posted one of my family confessions I can also tell you
> that I sold lots of term papers whilst in collitch. Amazing how many young
> people will buy a paper and take a chance on getting caught. My best story
> is how I made up an entire paper in undergraduate American Lit. It was
> neatly done with foot notes, bio, everything, and all a lie. The instructor
> never ever caught on. Usually wouldn't have done that but I was in a
> flaming hurry and didn't have time to go to the library.

Oh, George... would you guys be in trouble in my class.  I used to
photocopy the first two pages of term papers, and keep them.  Amazingly,
sometimes I'd see 'em again a couple of years later.   And finque that
I am, I'd randomly check references to see if the paper actually said
what the citation said it said.  Scotched a couple of professorial
job applicants hopes and aspirations that way.

Kay (who used to require *handwritten* lab reports.