Re: HP was Re: [gardeners] monsterspit revisited

asidv@ktc.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 15 Jan 1998 06:39:40 +0000

George wrote:

> Ahem!! I use labels because in a weak moment I bought 4 boxes of 5000
> labels each for $2.00 a box when Radio Shack discontinued them. I just
> print up a years worth at a time and keep them on my desk in a file folder.
> Like Chuck I also know how to do envelopes on the computer, in WordPerfect
> it's easy. Don't know about that nasty MS Word program.

If I were doing mailings in those kinds of quantities I'd go for
labels in a heart beat!

The thing that drives me nuts about printing envelopes is the
printer, not the word processing software. Invariably the envelopes
either get jammed in the printer or come out printed crooked, etc.
Thus, I hand adress em....crookedly, of course, since I never learned
to keep all the letters on a straight line...

Catharine