Re: [gardeners] Fw: Propogating Tree Collards

asidv@ktc.com (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 17 Jan 1998 18:01:17 +0000

Tom wrote:

> I am not familiar with tree collards.  I assume that this is a Brassica
> species.  Can anyone help me with this inquiry?  TIA

I think the person may be referring to the way some of the collard
varieties grow in my part of the country. Vates, etc. will grow kinda
tree-like with a 3-4 foot central stem that gets 'nude' as you pick
leaves up the stem. Other varieties such as Morris Heading don't have
this growth habit...they're more cabbage like in their habit.

Catharine