Re: [gardeners] Fw: Propogating Tree Collards

Michael & Bambi Cantrell (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:12:58 -0500

>>>Yeup. I eat 'em any chance I get.  (big cut)  Life
>>>without collards and cornbread would just not be fittin...
>>>
>>>Catharine

>Only one true way to make cornbread. Heat oven to 450F with a well-greased
>black iron skillet in the oven. Mix together: 2 cups cornmeal, 1
tspn...(big cut)
>syrup on it for breakfast. Damn, now I gotta make cornbread this evening.
>
>George

George, George!!

No No!! Don't tell me!!   This is proof positive that you must be an
imposter,
and not a true Southrener at all!!!  You've got the recipe right for
cornbread, esp
with beans,etc,  but no collards!?  Blaspheme!!  I look forward to the first
frosts of
the year so as to get great collards again (because as everyone knows,
collards
are sweeter after they get frosted on).
George, please tell me it isn't so!!

Bambi--who is enjoying the list again after sitting the death watch with my
beloved
              Grandmother until she died Saturday and was buried yesterday.
She was
              very instrumental in nurturing my love of gardening.