Re: [gardeners] Hawaii garden spots?

Barb Rothenberger (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 06:34:34 -0600

Afraid we did ALL the touristy things.  We especially loved Kouai (can't
spell 0 think it's too early) - anyway, took the helicopter ride over the
Grand Canyon of the pacific.  wow!  what a sight.  I would highly recommend
it.  We had wanted to take flight over the volcano on Hawaii but it was
sold out, so took a land tour instead.
	we had time after disembarking (we cruised the Hawaiian island) and
visited a former student of mine whose husband was stationed there.  They
drove us up into the hills in Honolulu and we found a nursery or two to
visit.  Was very interesting and lots less crowded than Honolulu.  I'm
ready to go back, my husband preferred New Zealand to Hawaii.  We have
friends living on the big island who hasve invited us to come visit - now
that Ray is retired (as of Dec. 31st.) maybe we can do more traveling, but
then probably won't be able to afford it!
Barb
brothenb@socket.net
At 04:35 PM 1/26/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Since Mother seems to be suffering from tongue-tied in extremeis, I'll
>ask:
>
>Where are some neato, non-touristy spots to visit in Hawaii? Mother and
>Father leave for a week there on bidness/fun at the end of this week. I
>keep telling her that she can find out about anything in the universe just
>by speaking up here. I've suggested slugs as a perfect introductory
>topice, too <bg>
>
>Catharine

Barb Rothenberger
Columbia, Mo,