Re: [gardeners] echinaceae

drusus@golden.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 06 Feb 1998 08:50:30 -0500

At 06:48 AM 06-02-98 -0600, you wrote:
>	I'm currently suffering from a horrible cold and am trying something new -
>to me, at least.  I've read that taking echinaceae could help shorten the
>length of time you have the cold.  I'm also trying zinc lozens.  Felt
>pretty rotten all day yesterday, not as bad this morning, but could be
>becasue I wentto bed at 7:30 last night!
>	Anyway, interested to know if anyone else had tried this remedy.
>Barb
>p.s. we leave Feb. 27th for the Philad Flower show.  anyone in this group
>going to be there?  We will visit the flower show on tuesday, March 3
>Barb Rothenberger
>Columbia, Mo,

I have and I think I'd opt for large doses of Vit C - still - as a first
defense.  The jury is out on Ech. and likely to be for a long time.  My
neighbour says is works the best on her asthmatic 3 yr. old, and she has
tried much.  There are so *many* variants w/combos that it's hard to know
what's what.

Lucinda