Re: [gardeners] echinaceae

Sun, 08 Feb 1998 09:00:40

At 06:31 AM 2/8/98 -0600, you wrote:
>	George:  Have you tried DHEA?  My husband and I were in on an experiemnt
>here at the Univ. of Mo, taking it but couldn't tell much difference.  I
>have been taking ginkgo biloba but not sure it has helped my memory much
>(isn't that all it's supposed to do?)
>Barb Rothenberger
>Columbia, Mo,

I believe the ginkgo biloba is also supposed to help lower blood pressure.
I take it more for that than the memory help portion. Still have a pretty
good memory but not so good bp.  I have a friend, my age, who takes DHEA
every day. Of course he's married to a woman 20 years younger than him too.
;-) Haven't tried DHEA nor have I researched it any. My doctor recommended
I start taking something called chondritin or something like that, would
have to look up the notebook I wrote it in. He says it's supposed to help
with degenerative arthritis like I have in my feet and ankles. If I took
everything that is advertised to "help" with all my ailments I would just
sit and swallow pills all day. <BG>

George, who doesn't fear aging but does fear becoming helpless