Re: Shredded paper was Re: [gardeners] Spring?

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 13 Feb 1998 08:09:55 -0700

At 06:14 AM 2/13/98 -0600, you wrote:
>I bought my husband a paper shredder for his birthday last Oct. with the
>intention of using the shredded paper as a mulch on the garden.  An
>acquaintance said they did it with great success.  be intereted to hear of
>other's replies.
>
>>Has anyone ever used white bond paper (typing, photocopy, etc) in the
>>garden?  We are thinking of buying a papershredder and recycling it into
>>the garden.  I've usewd n newsprint for years but I was wondering about
>>this heavier weight stuff and also the bleach (how much is there) in the
>>white paper going into the garden.
>>
>>Lucinda
>>

>Barb Rothenberger
>Columbia, Mo,

Everyone should have a shredder, the nincompoop bankers are seeing to that.
 They send out negotiable checks to people who do not want them, refuse to
take "no" for an explanation, and wring their hands over all of the people
declaring bankruptcy.  My shredder basket fills at least every other week
with offers of credit cards and these @#$%^& checks.  Margaret