Re: Shredded paper was Re: [gardeners] Spring?

Fri, 13 Feb 1998 15:35:06

At 09:22 PM 2/12/98 -0500, you wrote:
>At 07:50 PM 12-02-98, you wrote:
>snip>We yanked out the broccoli, harvesting the last few florets, and the
>green
>>beans, badly frost-bitten they were but still enough beans for one last
>>meal. Will be at the VA Clinic most of tomorrow but will continue yanking
>>the winter crops on Saturday and adding them to the compost heap.
>>
>>snip
>>George
>

>Hope all goes well tomorrow and you don't run into too many * types.
>
>Has anyone ever used white bond paper (typing, photocopy, etc) in the
>garden?  We are thinking of buying a papershredder and recycling it into
>the garden.  I've usewd n newsprint for years but I was wondering about
>this heavier weight stuff and also the bleach (how much is there) in the
>white paper going into the garden.
>
>Lucinda

Every thing went well except the typical beauracratic "hurry up and wait"
junk.

I used to take all the shredded copy paper home with me when I was still
working in corporate jobs. Makes excellent mulch and compost material.
Wouldn't worry too much about the chlorine. It is used in the production of
the paper but, as far as I can find out, none is left residual to the paper
itself.

George