Re: Shredded paper was Re: [gardeners] Spring?

Lillian Kepp (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sat, 14 Feb 98 01:50:43 PST

On Fri, 13 Feb 1998 06:14:18 -0600  Barb Rothenberger wrote:
>I bought my husband a paper shredder for his birthday last Oct.
with the
>intention of using the shredded paper as a mulch on the garden.  An
>acquaintance said they did it with great success.  be intereted to
hear of
>other's replies.
>
>>Has anyone ever used white bond paper (typing, photocopy, etc) in
the
>>garden?  We are thinking of buying a papershredder and recycling
it into
>>the garden.  I've usewd n newsprint for years but I was wondering
about
>>this heavier weight stuff and also the bleach (how much is there)
in the
>>white paper going into the garden.
>>
>>Lucinda
>>

>Barb Rothenberger
>Columbia, Mo,

I have a small paper shredder and use everything I shred as mulch
or put it in the compost pile.  I have great glee using shredded
credit card bills as compost.

Lillian Kepp
thekepps@bright.net