Re: [gardeners] What would you do?

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 17 Feb 98 19:35:25 -0600

On Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:25:31 +0000, asidv@fbg.net wrote:

>Terry wrote:
>> 4 roses in 5 gal pots that didn't get planted last summer.
> > Should I wrap them up and put them out side in a very protected
>>place, install
>> grow lights in my cool room??
>Be hospitable.  Invite them into the living room. Gardeners aren't
>housekeepers.  What is a little mud compared with roses in June?

I would except I did that last year with lilacs and an apple tree and had a
terrible time with powdery mildew, lack of light and low humidity.  I really
hope to have that sunroom added on this year so this won't be a problem next
year.  (I know I said that last year, for those who will remember, I have 1/2 a
new kitchen instead! :-D )  Of course... I could stop buying plants I don't have
time or space to plant... Nah!!!

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1