Re: [gardeners] Wednesday

Lillian Kepp (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 19 Feb 98 00:09:20 PST

Cheryl,

Geez, hardly know how to reply to this but really wanted to.
I'm not one to say something like things will work out for the
best, sometimes life is hard to deal with. But just keep plugging
along. That's all you can do.  Handle things as they come along.
Take things one day at a time, that's about all you can do.
Just remember that folks do care and are wishing the best for
you and your daughter. I really, sincerely, mean that.

Lillian Kepp
thekepps@bright.net

On Wed, 18 Feb 1998 21:48:04 -0500 (EST)  Cheryl & Erich Schaefer
wrote:
>It's great to be able to garden vicariously along with you, George.
Spring
>is still weeks away here. I haven't even started seeds yet.
>
>We haven't thought much about the garden lately anyway. My
daughter, Danya,
>who is developmentally disabled and lost the sight in her left eye
to a
>virus two years ago, is now battling the same virus again in her
right eye.
>The virus is herpes simplex, the same one responsible for the cold
sore,
>which can become a vicious, destructive force in the eye. There is
no cure,
>just a fight to get it under control this time before it does any
damage to
>what little sight she has left; she is legally blind already. She
has only
>been on her own and in her own apartment for four months and was
doing so
>well that this seems so dreadfully and particularly unfair. I
wasn't going
>to say anything to the list, but somehow you all seem part of my
extended
>family and while I want to share gardening enthusiasm, just now it
just
>helps to be able to think about something else for a few minutes at
a time.
>I can't quite concentrate and drift so fast that I fear planting
one thing
>and labelling it something else. Not that I'm not capable of doing
that at
>the best of times. :-/  So, please plant hope and try not to let
life
>interfere with your plans. Cheryl
>
>>Lessee here, planted one each dwarf Kieffer pear, Aprium, Pluot,
and
>>Kumquat today. Used the Mantis to dig the planting holes, just
marked off
>>an area for each and let the little tyke dig its heart out. Used
the shovel
>>to clean the pulverized dirt out and we were ready for the trees.
I am very