Re: [gardeners] Herb garden

drusus@golden.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 24 Mar 1998 19:56:19 -0500

At 06:08 PM 24-03-98, George Shirley wrote:
>Only a few days later than I had planned but I finally got all of the seeds
>planted in the new herb garden. Beautiful day, sorta windy but clear and
>bright. Got up to nearly 80F today and now is back to 60F.
>
>Old feet were acting up so I was lying on the ground planting and marking,
>etc. Neighbor came over to see if I was dead or dying. Damn near scared me
>into another heart attack when he spoke behind me. Scared him pretty bad
>when I rared up and went "Whuf!" We woke the dog up and she barked at both
>of us. After we got through laughing we had a cup of good Louisiana dark
>roast coffee and visited awhile. Good neighbors are a joy.
>
>Tomorrow, barring rain or storm, I transplant the herbs that have been in
>pots the last two or three years. Miz Anne still gotta get started on "her"
>vegetable garden but she's been working from 0800 to 2000 hours nearly
>every day this week and last. Next time I'm gonna marry a rich woman. <VBG>
>
>How are things in your garden?
>
>George

Snowy, snowy, snowy.  The kids have a good fort started in the front yard
and the weather is crisp, cold, clear and sunny.  Can't see the ground to
plant....but I've been saying this for a couple of weeks now.  The herb
garden sounds great, George.  Maybe I'll get a crack at making one soon
myself.

Lucinda>