Re: Snaps was Re: [gardeners] Voting Soon?

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 9 Apr 1998 23:00:45 +0000

Rosemary wrote:

> Lucinda: I wish I could *find* stock. Every year, I try to find stock here.
> Every year, the nurserys tell me that our weather is too hot and humid -
> that they don't even order stock because it doesn't thrive here. Is this
> true? Does stock need cool and dry?

Stock definitely poops out here in Atlanta (zone 7b). It's not worth the
effort for the pitiful showing it makes here.  I'm a zone warmer than you,
Rosemary, but I have a hunch your humidity and heat will do a number
on stock where you are, too. I don't know if it would work as a
Fall-planted bedding plant.....you may get freezing temps too soon.
Dunno.

Catharine.