Re: [gardeners] Gardens and kids

Tue, 28 Apr 1998 13:11:40

--=====================_893794300==_

At 06:26 AM 4/28/98 -0600, you wrote:

>>Gotta go, need to baste the brisket cooking in the oven. This one has
>>another hour at 350F then 8 to 10 hours at 125F. Got a good mopping sauce
>>I'm laying on this one. Sleepy Dawg is licking her chops and whiffing the
>>air stream coming from the direction of the kitchen. Shoulda named her
>>Minnie the Moocher!
>>
>>George, Life is good
>>
>another of your good news posts, George.  Always enjoy them, even when I
>forget to tell you so.  But leave us all salivating over our keyboards?
>For shame!  The least you can do is be forthcoming about how you cook a
>brisket, your recipe for mopping sauce, etc.
>I'm glad your grandbaby has good steerers waiting their chances...Best,
>Margaret

Since I already spoke about the cooking of a brisket I thought I would
throw in a mopping sauce recipe. I think I got this off rec.food.recipes
but am not certain any more. For fatty meats, brisket, ham, etc. I cut waay
back on the oil and the butter but keep the other ingredients. It should
come across as embedded text in this message. If anyone has trouble with it
let me know.

George
--=====================_893794300==_

Mel's Moppin' Sauce

      Yield: 1 servings

      1 c  Cider vinegar
      5 tb Worcestershire Sauce
    2/3 c  Vegetable oil
      3 tb Butter
      1 ea Lemon, thinly slices, with - peel on
      3 ea Cloves garlic, minced
      3 tb Ginger, grated
      2 tb Dry mustard

  Combine all ingredients in a saucepan and heat until flavors
  are nicely blended, about 15 minutes.  After it cools, strain
  the lemon slices out.

  Source:  The Great Barbeque Companion, mops, sops, sauces and
  rubs by Bruce Bjorkman.