Re: [gardeners] OT: Sometimes the world

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 13:29:45 -0600

Liz,

Thanks for sharing this, I was wondering how the town was handling it.  I'm
afraid the big bad world is encroaching on our small communities all too
quickly.  I personally felt appalled by the coldbloodness of it all.

In our local area here, the city of Omak lost its first police officer just last
month to a gunman during a domestic fight between a Mexican man and his
(I think) former girlfriend.  Our communities showed a similar response as
yours.  I hope it really awakened the law enforcement agencies here abouts
to the fact that there is an increasing problem that they've been turning a
blindeye to for quite some time.

I feel for the people of Lewiston.

Terry