Re: [gardeners] OT: Sometimes the world

Lee Ann Reiners (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 30 Apr 1998 17:11:24 -0400

Edinboro came together in the time of our tragedy, too.  There were
3500-4000 people at the funeral for the slain teacher, John Gillette, on
Tuesday.  They moved the funeral service to McComb Fieldhouse on
campus at Edinboro University, where I work.  President Pogue delivered
his convocation speech this morning in which he told how touched he was
by the community outreach during this difficult time.

Volunteers bedecked the trees on campus with white ribbons of mourning.

Lee Ann