Re: [gardeners] blue flowers

Lee Ann Reiners (
Fri, 1 May 1998 07:06:04 -0400

A polarizing filter is used to counteract the polarized light that causes 
the glare on smooth, non-metallic surfaces.  It is rotated till the surface
reflections are removed or reduced.  They often have a little handle
sticking out to use for rotating, or a knurled edge for easy grip to

A UV filter is used to absorb UV radiation.  I'm not sure but I think that
is the same as a skylight filter (Someone correct me if I'm wrong....), 
which is often used as a protective measure over the lens to prevent 

You can often get some exciting effects taking photos in the drizzle.
I have a friend who is a professional nature photographer who
specializes in "dewey" pictures, taken at daybreak before the dew
evaporates.  So have at it!!!

Lee Ann

> I do have a UV filter in front of my lens. That's not what you were
> talking about, is it Lee Ann...? 
> And Barb, for sure I'll get the chance to take some shots in the
> drizzle. Maybe I'll get Jim to hold an umbrella over myself plus 
> camera -- we'll see <G>.
> Penny
> _____________________________________________________________________
> You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail.
> Get completely free e-mail from Juno at
> Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]