Re: [gardeners] blue flowers

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 1 May 1998 10:08:13 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 1 May 1998, penny x stamm wrote:

> Kay & Lee Ann, I went to four stores today and finally found
> some Fuji film!  Sad to say, we are in for 3 days of rain starting now,
> so I may not get the chance to photograph my Starry Nights after all...

oops... their consumer film is usually easy to find at Walmart and
Kmart and such... Reala and their other pro films usually have to be
ordered, I find.

> I do have a UV filter in front of my lens. That's not what you were
> talking about, is it Lee Ann...?

nope.  A polarizer has two pieces of glass in a rotating mount.  You
screw it to the front of the lens, then rotate the second glass until
you get rid of the reflections or darken the sky, or do any of the
other polarizing tricks you're trying to do.

Kay