Re: [gardeners] Re: blue flower photos

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 3 May 1998 09:38:17 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 3 May 1998, penny x stamm wrote:

> Kay, I have a good lab and we keep all our Kodak Gold in the
> freezer. When I go overseas, I ordinarily bring along 20 rolls.
> But I never could keep them refrigerated!

I go through about 5 rolls a day when traveling, so I just bring
a small collapsible cooler and keep everything in it, along with
whatever I pick up out of the cold case for lunch.  A week or two
doesn't really bother it *that* much.  For that matter, my
camera case *is* a small collapsible cooler.  Lunches just don't
look worth stealing.

I doubt I'd take only pro into a hot desert... I'd probably bring both
amateur and pro films there unless I could get the pro films out for
processing easily.  I've done slide processing myself, but it's a pain.

> Yes, having had our own dark room all those years we were very
> familiar with changing filtration packs. My custom lab will always
> do it for me when I am looking for a color improvement.

I'm not a color print person... since I'm always taking photos for
teaching, I prefer slides, and let the labs make prints from the
few slides I want.  Works better than prints to slides.  ;-)

Kay