Re: [gardeners] Plants, plants, plants

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 15 May 1998 17:46:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 15 May 1998, George Shirley wrote:

> a large herb sale. I already know they have Spanish Lavender, one of the
> plants I've been wanting, so guess I had better take the check book.

We've got a big planting (perhaps 30" high and wide, and 4 ft long) of
Spanish lavender in the parking lot at the nursery.  It's a real
stopper...  everytime I see someone coming toward me pointing out the
front window, I just say, "that big grey plant with purple flowers?
Spanish lavender, out in the herb section."  ....  ;-)  What I especially
appreciate about it is that it's not nearly as overpowering as say,
Munstead or French lavender.

Kay Lancaster    kay@fern.com
just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)