Re: [gardeners] The price of rocks

Sun, 17 May 1998 12:14:15

At 08:31 AM 5/17/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Margaret Lauterbach <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:
>

>> Can the pistols be replaced by Lillian's cherubim with flaming
>> swords?  How about chunks of black basalt with petrified bird
>> droppings thereon instead of grey rocks?  Margaret
>
>That petrified product won't work in the Louisiana climate -- it'll
>turn to liquid fertilizer by the time the 4th rain hits it -- about 2
>hours after placement in the garden.
>
>Liz
>Proximal RNY May 7, 1998
>Surgeon:  Dr. Charles Edwards  Angel:  UT Carol
>St. Mark's Hospital, Salt Lake City, UT
>Nordstrom's here I come.

Only problem is that we haven't had ANY rain since March 16th. It's
powerful dry down here at the moment. If this continues we will be
rationing water by July. The city depends on well water and the gravity
tower doesn't hold enough to keep pressure up if everyone is watering lawns
and gardens. Problem is that we get unlimited water for a single price, if
it were metered folks would be more cautious about water us. As former
desert dwellers we tend to conserve water and our neighbors think we're
nuts. How ya doing Liz?

George