Re: [gardeners] Rocks

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 17 May 1998 09:45:03 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 17 May 1998, George Shirley wrote:

> I sometimes think about renting a flat bed truck and going some place where
> they have "free" rocks and getting a load. The blasted stuff sells at a
> dear price around here. Watched a guy buy two pallet loads of what looked
> like sandstone flat slabs the other day. Paid cash, had to be a drug lord
> to afford that much rock here on the Gulf Coast.

Ok, guess that settles it.  Time to re-institute the triangle trade.
Need to go to TX to pick up the in-laws 35 ft trailer and the truck to
haul it.  Gonna haul shrimp and okra to Iowa, pick up a load of real
sweetcorn for Oregon (guess it'll have to be the extrasweet types) and
then bring a half load of rock to you in LA and half a load of
construction grade cedar to Harry in MS.

Kay