Re: [gardeners] Rocks

Terry King (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 17 May 1998 11:21:44 -0600

On Sat, 16 May 1998 21:10:41 +0000, asidv@fbg.net wrote:

>> >George, who bought a round volcanic rock today, about 12 inches in
>> >diameter, for 5 bucks. Don't laugh, there are no rocks in Louisiana unless
>> >they're imported.
>and
>>Bambi's, We don't have them either!  :-)
>Dear Friends:  Anyone who wants a rock can have one -- free for the
>digging. And if you'll just dig where I point, my NGP will happily,
>cheerfully, and freely (i.e., no fee) instruct you in the proper way
>to exhume rocks! We have them in white (limestone), gray (flint) and
>reddish (something on its way to clay). YOUR CHOICE. FREE!! Pat

I can make the same offer from here too.  The choices here are limonite,
magnitite at various stages of becoming limonite, granite, some neat pinkish
ones, shale, and misc. ore bearing rocks.  Many are smooth round cobbles
some are jagged.  Sizes range from large gravel to 1 ton boulders. :-D

Terry King                  North Central Eastern Washington
taeking@televar.com        USDA zone 4, Sunset Zone 1