Re: [gardeners] Rocks

Kay Lancaster (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Mon, 18 May 1998 04:04:06 -0700 (PDT)

On Mon, 18 May 1998, George Shirley wrote:

> Would you believe that the "free" plant the nursery was giving away on
> Saturday was rue? I passed on that one, it's the only plant I've ever found
> that made me itch. And no, I really wouldn't turn you in, the Louisiana
> State Po-leece just automatically stop and search suspicious looking
> characters. You and Steve are both characters and would probably look
> suspicious to one of our state's finest.

Rue is also quite the photosensitizer, so if you do handle it, wash
well before you stay out in the sun for more than about 30 sec.

And after watching the Louisiana State Po-leece attempt to stop a
Greyhound bus, one does wonder...  ;-)

Kay (definitely a shady character) Lancaster    kay@fern.com
just west of Portland, OR; USDA zone 8 (polarfleece)