Re: Heat was: Re: [gardeners] Squash vine borers

Wed, 03 Jun 1998 08:53:22

At 09:44 PM 6/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Thought about you at work today, George.  I was in someone's room when
>the weather channel was on, and saw that your heat index was extremely high.
>Hope your taking care.  Sounds like you're doing all the right things.
>Big day tomorrow!!  Have you got your outfit ready for the corn dance?  ;-)
>
>Bambi
>
>>Heat index here today was 105F. I stayed in except for one hour from 0600
>>to 0700 this morning. Just went out and watered the stuff in pots to keep
>>it going. The city asked us to go on water conservation hours today, trying
>>to hang on to enough water in the gravity towers to fight fire if
>>necessary. Looks like the farmers are gonna have another bad year.
>>
>>George

Yup, same one I always wear for the corn dance. <VBG> I leave for Houston
in another hour to fetch the old girl home. Make one happy gardener outta
me and a happy pup out of Sleepy Dawg. Gotta take my eldest granddaughter
home first, way out to Splendora, Texas and then home. Adds about 1.5 hours
to the trip but worth it to see my girls come home.

George