Re: Congrats, was: Re: [gardeners] Glory, glory

Jane Burdekin (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 7 Jun 1998 09:15:43 -0600

> At 03:01 PM 6/5/98 -0400, you wrote:
> >You kicking off soon George?  Don't even think that way!
> >
> >Congrats on your long marriage too.  It's so nice to see couples that
> >still love each other after all those years (a lifetime!).  :-D
> >
> >Bambi
> >
> >>68 years!! Good grief, I don't even expect to live that long. <VBG>
> >>
> >>George, who celebrated 37 years last December 26th.
> >
> I think another term to describe long marriages might be "tolerate." You
> get so used to another persons little quirks and, vice versa, that they
> become part of your life. Some are endearing, some are irritating, and
some
> you just ignore.
>
> George

That is almost exactly what my mom said yesterday.  We had a nice dinner at
a place called Karen's in the Country.  Both parents really enjoyed it, and
they even let Daddy order off the children's menu.  He doesn't eat a lot
any more, and would prefer not to see it on his plate.  Also my son's
baseball game was cancelled due to rain/snow earlier in the day so we
didn't even have to rush it.

Jane