Re: [gardeners] Why isn't my mother speaking to me?

drusus@golden.net (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 22:48:32 -0400

At 12:41 PM 17-06-98 +1000, you wrote:

>On Tue, 16 Jun 1998, Catharine Vinson wrote:
>
>> Dear list,
>>
>> Earlier today, I mentioned that Mother called to let me know she was
>> safely home from her most recent trip. She said she was going to unpack
>> and then tour her garden to check on the progress of the six squash
>> plants I'd suggested she tuck into the plot and that she'd call me with a
>> report within the hour.
>>
>> That was three hours ago. I just called her. My father answered the
>> phone. He was polite, but I could tell that he was under some strain. He
>> told me that it would best if I not call "for a while."
>>
>> Tell me, what do you guys think this means? Has anyone ever had a similar
>> experience?
>>
>> Chatty Cathy
>
>	Sounds like you've interrupted a fight to me. :)
>
>John

John, maybe you missed the beginning of this, but Catharine told her mother
to plant a prolific type of zucchini, fertilize and water well and go on
vacation......................................if there's a fight, it's
probably over what to do to Catharine after they dig the house out from
under the zuch.
How was your garden this summer?
Lucinda