Re: [gardeners] Why isn't my mother speaking to me?

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 16 Jun 1998 21:59:41 +0000

Catharine Vinson <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> That was three hours ago. I just called her. My father answered the
> phone. He was polite, but I could tell that he was under some strain. He
> told me that it would best if I not call "for a while."

Ohmygoodness!

This happened last year when my sisters and nephews were here.
Klaas, a brave 5 year old, attempted to venture past the 2 zucchini
plants in the garden when one of the slipped up behind him, grabbed
him and started stinging!  That poor kid was stung nearly to death
before our screams alerted us that something was wrong (other than
his brother touching one of his toys).

Catharine, instruct your father to go buy some Aveeno, throw Pat into
the tub and let her soak.  She's probably swollen to twice her normal
size and is having problems getting her arm to bend enough to hold
the phone to her ear.  She's got the dreaded Zuke Swells.

Liz