Re: [gardeners] Tuesday in the garden

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 23 Jun 1998 18:49:17 +0000

George Shirley <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> The Golden Queen corn is ripening at the proper rate for the two of us,
> about 4 ears every other day, had a batch yesterday along with BLT's on
> homemade wheat bread and some green beans on the side.

Is this the analog to Silver Queen?  I'm *still* looking for corn
that has a strong corn taste and is sweet.  Supersweet varieties are
way too sweet for me and many of the sugary enhanced varieties are
also heavy on the sweet, light on the corn taste.  How does yours
taste?

I grew Incredible last year and it was better than some I've tried
but a long way from perfect.  What I'd like is something with a
Golden Bantam taste that's the size of an ear of Silver Queen.

Liz