Re: [gardeners]corn

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:06:02 -0600

At 09:50 AM 6/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Margaret Lauterbach <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

>> >No chewing bacca from Skoal, only snuff. Wintergreen, mint, and regular,
>> >nasty stuff, gotta watch where you're walking on a construction site.
Yuchh.

>> >George, who chawed a little Days Work and Brown's Mule in his day but
never
>> >no snuff.
>> >
>> What did you turn to when you gave up your corncob pipe, Bambi?  Margaret
>
>Dear B. Lawndale,
>
>When Cousin Bambie gave up the pipe she took up with men.  Says they
>don't give you cancer, cepting Jimbo, theyze just irritatin.  Sorta
>like polyester pants in muggy weather.
>
>Cousin Beulah Mae
Wal, now, Cousin, you really make yer mark when you wear polyester pants in
muggy weather, especially if you sit down on some of that virgin vinyl or
leather.  All the world kin see when ye get up that your butt would obscure
a unfolded newspaper.  Mebbe two axhandles acrosst.  Me, I just don't sit
when I'm a wearin' them.  Period.  Bad enough they cling to yer legs.  Bad
as scared cats, in that respect.  Yours, Lawndale