Re: [gardeners] Whine, Whine, Whine

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 25 Jun 1998 11:29:24 -0600

At 01:16 PM 6/25/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Margaret wrote:
>
>> Where did you get your exotic okra seeds Miz Catharine?
>
>Southern Seed Exhcange in EArlysville, Va. They were new with them this
>year. Brought in by a seed saver from Burma. The variety has become a
>favorite with chefs in Tennessee evidently. I'm gonna save seed for
>certain. Will send you some.
>

>> P.S.  Best not to tweak Alligator Shirley.  Have you heard about the size
>> of his knife?
>
>Ya, but I got me a Bowie <bg>
>
>Catharine

Aha!  You mean Southern Exposure Seed Exchange.  Didn't I direct you to
that source when you were looking for butter beans?  As far as I'm
concerned, they've kind of hidden that offering in the first column on
okra.  Rats, and I missed it!

Would you care to share hot weather lettuce recommendations?  Did you dig
your shallots yet?  Have enough?  Best, M. Lawndale