Re: [gardeners] Drying Herbs

Tue, 30 Jun 1998 12:55:37

At 08:10 AM 6/30/98 +0000, you wrote:
>If you have the space in your fridge the finest way to dehydrate
>herbs is in your refrigerator.  I discovered this quite by accident.
>(A friend and I used to have competitions to see who could grow the
>most interesting "stuff" in her fridge -- she won but I discovered
>dried herbs.)  Put them on a paper plate and stick them in the fridge
>-- in a few days they'll be dry.  They taste much better than herbs
>dried any other way.
>
>I dried oregano and rosemary last year both in the fridge and in the
>dehydrator and the fridge herbs are much fresher tasting.
>
>Liz

Refrigerators work the same way air conditioners do, they take moisture out
of the air making the air pull the moisture out of whatever's there, your
food or you. Ergo, will pull the moisture out of your herbs. Miz Anne uses
the microwave to dry some things but since I got the dehydrator we fight
over that.

George