Re: [gardeners] BBQ&Coleslaw????

Liz Albrook (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 2 Jul 1998 16:07:02 +0000

Allen and Judy Merten <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> I'm going to remember while traveling through the Carolinas to be
> veerryy careful when ordering BBQ. I'll think I'll just stick to
> ordering a BBQ plate. They wouldn't put the coleslaw on top of the meat
> would they? Is this the same stuff made out of cabbage and mayo???? On a
> BBQ sandwich? Id rather eat cold grits ( BG)

They put coleslaw on barbecue sandwiches in northern MS and AL.  It's
a true abomination.

As for mustard sauce -- that is not a barbecue sauce.  Egads!  It is,
howsomever, good on roasted chicken if slightly sweetened and blended
with a significant amount of fresh sage.

Liz
mouth watering thinking of Catharine's okra and anyone's tomatoes