Re: [gardeners] St. Swithin's Day

Margaret Lauterbach (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 11:08:10 -0600

At 01:21 PM 7/17/98 +0000, you wrote:
>Matt wrote:
>

>>  Otherwise, I guess the stock tank would need a ramp up, and a gentle slope
>> down inside, since the idea was to help the wildlife and not drown them.
>>  Catharine, want to bring your mom a trailer full of topsoil, to build up
>> around the outside of the stocktank, on your next visit home? 3gal size
>> plants would add some quick soil, and taller plants would help shade the
>> water. Add a ring of soaker hose to keep it all going, and you would have a
>> mini oasis.
>
>Somehow I don't think Miz Martha Stewart's role model (aka MaPat) would be
>real thrilled with taking a right fine metal stock pond and trying to make
>it look like a sylvan glen. Stock ponds is for stock....or jumping in when
>it gets so hot that you don't care what kinda creature's  been peeing in
>the water....
>
>Catharine

Or soaking in when you want your new 501s to FIT!  Matt, the problem here
is, you can get the topsoil, and a ring of soaker hose, but until there's
water going through that hose, it's a dry hole, as they say in Tejas.  (I
hope I finish that damned "Dead Man's Walk" soon -- think I'll feel
kindlier about Texas when I do).  Margaret, who's done her blue-legged
thang a time or two.