Re: [gardeners] St. Swithin's Day

Catharine Vinson (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Fri, 17 Jul 1998 13:21:01 +0000

Matt wrote:

>  Otherwise, I guess the stock tank would need a ramp up, and a gentle slope
> down inside, since the idea was to help the wildlife and not drown them.
>  Catharine, want to bring your mom a trailer full of topsoil, to build up
> around the outside of the stocktank, on your next visit home? 3gal size
> plants would add some quick soil, and taller plants would help shade the
> water. Add a ring of soaker hose to keep it all going, and you would have a
> mini oasis.

Somehow I don't think Miz Martha Stewart's role model (aka MaPat) would be
real thrilled with taking a right fine metal stock pond and trying to make
it look like a sylvan glen. Stock ponds is for stock....or jumping in when
it gets so hot that you don't care what kinda creature's  been peeing in
the water....

Catharine