Re: [gardeners] In the garden

Fri, 14 Aug 1998 08:14:42

At 09:23 PM 8/13/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi George ,
>
>I went out to feed the fish in my pond and to just generally admire
>my domain this evening, but there was a fly, uh, mosquito in the
>pie.  We have a million of these itty bitty little mosquitoes
>the sting rather badly when they bite, and they are out for
>blood tonight!  Are these the same ones that you're talking
>about?
>
>Bambi
>Coastal Carolina

Sounds like the same little fellows. I took a corpse in to the mosquito
control district office and asked for an ID. The bug guy there said it was
an Asian Tiger, an accidentally imported species. They also carry several
diseases but no disease carrying ones have been identified here. Of course
I guess all mosquitoes have the potential to carry disease. All I know is
the little guys really hurt when they bite.

Miz Anne and I went out early this morning as we had a little rain
yesterday evening and it is fairly cool this am. Skeeters drove me back in
but they don't seem to bite her as much. They really like Sleepy Dawg,
she's white with black spots and skeeters are drawn to white. Only thing
that keeps them off is Deep Woods Off but I don't like to use it to often,
the deet turns my skin red.

George, who before he quit smoking wasn't bothered by insects