Re: [gardeners] Re: In the Garden

Sat, 15 Aug 1998 08:23:55

At 01:08 AM 8/15/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi Myra,
> Having experienced the plant, I'm still willing to consider mace as less
>painful. I don't even blink at thick smoke, etc.  But the first time (and
>only!) rubbing my eyes after using the plant caused me to rip out my
>contacts  not caring where they ended up, and stuffed my face in the end of
>the hose for 10 minutes, tearing up the whole time. or maybe I'm just a
>woose? :-) (how do you spell woose?)
>
> Well George, I haven't been called evil in forever. Thanks, it makes me
>feel like less of a drudge. ;-)
> I would feel bad, but I think I remember something about you starting your
>winter garden in January? <BJG>

Naw, I'm starting my winter garden now, started the summer garden in
January, that's why it's already gone.

> How is your diet now? (I'm refering to sugar, etc., not your manzere size)
> I remember living in Hawaii, the locals would get a chuckle out of the new
>comeers suseptability to mosquitos. It seems we had a more sweet diet, and
>supposedly the mosquitos liked that. This came from several fisherman who
>lived on kim chee. Sort of like the sulfer pills, just tastes better going
>down. ;-)

I eat a lot of fruit but so does Miz Anne and them little blood-suckers
don't hurt her. Besides being attracted to me they leave big welts and itch
for an hour or two. Gach! They lived on kim chee, it was all I could do to
eat it in Korea when I was training ROK troops. Definitely wasn't anyway
you were gonna sneak up on someone, they could smell you for a mile.

> Are your skeeters the pretty black and white striped ones?

Hell, I'm lucky to know what the dog looks like, my eyes are so bad
nowadays. They're little bitty suckers with stripes running longways on the
body.

>Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net>
>USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.

George, USDA Zone 9b, SW Louisiana, and it's still raining, hurrah, hurrah