Re: [gardeners] Introduction

Liz (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 10 Sep 1998 23:34:02 +0000

Cheryl & Erich Schaefer <gardeners@globalgarden.com> wrote:

> >I think your plan for wildlife is a fine one.  Oregon and other
> >Northwesterners will miss you.  Margaret
>
> Was everyone aware that Vicki Okeef, late of the Gardens list, is planning
> to move back to Texas next spring and the terrible gardening weather is to
> blame? The NW's loss is Texas' gain. Cheryl

Seems to me that the terrible gardening weather has been in
Texas recently.  Temperatures in excess of 100F and no rain aren't
really conducive to growing much, are they?

Seriously, the Pacific Northwest has lousy vegetable-growing weather
but probably has the finest weather for growing the widest variety of
flowers in the US.  I can't wait to move over the Cascades.

Liz