Re: [gardeners] garlic in Texas

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Tue, 29 Sep 1998 22:59:31 -0500

Hi Vicki,
    I'm not familiar with "hard neck garlic", but we plant garlic in Sept.
down here in Texas. The three varieties recommended for Texas are Mexican Pink
or Creole for South Texas, Texas White for most other areas, and Calif. Early
White for Central to Northern Texas.
    The information that I have from the Texas Agricultural Extension Service
says that the length of day light is what affects bulbing of garlic in Texas.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.,Tx
    Zone 8