Re: [gardeners] Lemon Drop chiles

Thu, 01 Oct 1998 10:25:50

At 06:36 AM 10/1/98 -0400, you wrote:
>At 09:03 PM 9/30/98, you wrote:
>>Didn't do a lot of gardening today, went out and picked a 10-quart bucket
>>full of chiles, hot and mild. I must say the Lemon Drop chiles, seed from
>>Lillian Kepp, are most attractive.<SNIP>
>>George, life is good
>>

>George, these sound interesting.  I've been making some ristra's with some
>little red chiles (don't know the name).  Since I've been listening to all
>the chile heads 'round here... I want to try more varieties.  Do you know
>the latin name for the lemon drops?

Don't have the foggiest idea what the true botanical name is.

Will you be saving seed?  Will you have any to barter?  (I don't want to
bother Miz Lillian right now for seeds, she's got enough on her mind).  I'd
love some seed if you will have any to spare... I'll have tons of annual
flower seed to swap, I've also got radish seeds (cherry belle and easter
egg mix), am also working on drying some Kentucky Wonder and Purple Peacock
climbing beans.

I'll save you several chiles for seed if you want. Can't guarantee they
will breed true though, I had several varieties planted close together and
didn't bother to separate them at bloom time. Might have some of the seed I
got from Lillian still in the refrigerator, will look and see. Drop me a
private email with your snail mail and I'll get them in the mail to you.
Any old annual flower seed will do, Miz Anne do love them flowers.

>Cynthia (who is especially thankful for Lake Michigan's warm air currents
>at this time of year)
>**Womyn Who Moves Mountains-Little Finger Of Michigan**
>**cmayeaux@traverse.com **USDA zone 4b-Sunset zone 41**
>** http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Studios/2659/garden/cynthia.html **

George