Re: [gardeners] green 'maters

Allen and Judy Merten (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Thu, 01 Oct 1998 19:42:54 -0500

Hi Kim and All,
    What you have there is another example of how difficult it was in the old
days for southern folk to have fruit other than the wild fruit that mainly
ripened in the spring. There are lots of recipes for sweet tomatos dishes. One
of my dads favorites growing up and later became mine too, Cut up ripened
tomatos into bite size chunks, sugar and cinnamon to taste, refrigerate. Tastes
great.
    Allen
    Bastrop Co.,Tx
    Zone 8