RE: [gardeners] Rosemary's house

Barbara J. Davis (gardeners@globalgarden.com)
Sun, 4 Oct 1998 18:52:41 -0500

Hello,

Sorry about your house problems, but anyone goes through it who
sells.  I even went through it last year when no agent was involved
and the eventual buyer had been calling weekly for over a year to
see if we'd be interested in selling.  When you finally decide on your
price and willingness to allow buyer/s to look, it is hard to have
people poking into everything.  I was alone, so had to run after them
both to make sure nothing was taken (I didn't know them!) and to
answer questions as honestly as I could.  I had a large, two-story
house of 5-bedrooms and three baths, two living areas, etc.  It was
very difficult, to say the least.  Fortunately, I only showed the house
three times before the transaction was consummated, but being on a
ranch, there were many other considerations to handle except
house,  It wasn't fun.  But, I think the move itself was more stressful
than the sale.  After having accumulated mementoes from all over
the world for a lifetime, one doesn't just give them all away to avoid
the onerous task of packing and moving.          Barbara Davis
southwest of Fort Worth, TX

Rosemary wrote:

> Well, OK. Today was open house. I, of course, was not here - so
I'm rather
> clueless as to what happened. 10-15 different groups of people came through
> - 2 of which were neighbors (which makes me mad - nosy!).  However, my
> neighbors (whose house is also up for sale) just sold their house for $4K
> less than they should have because they had to sell quick. This, obviously,
> is not good news for me. So, I lowered my price by $2K - and the agent
> feels quite confident an offer will be forthcoming at this price relatively
> soon. I hope he's right - he knows that I'm the wrong person to try to
> "pacify" - so, chances are, he truly feels like this or he wouldn't say so.
> :) :)
>
> At any rate, I don't even feel like this is MY house anymore. Jeez. I do
> believe that selling this house is one of the most stressful things I've
> ever done! (except divorce!).
                       <snip>