Re: [gardeners] Definately one word. ;-)

Sun, 11 Oct 1998 08:15:48

At 12:45 AM 10/11/98 -0400, you wrote:
>>Date: Sat, 10 Oct 1998 22:19:47 -0400
>>From: "Michael & Bambi Cantrell" <cantrell@onslowonline.net>
>>Subject: Re: [gardeners] Yankees, was: tulips and hemlocks
>>
>>Definately one word.  ;-)
>>
>>Bambi
>>

> Y'all be good now child. You do have some of us living in your midst. <VBG>
>
> When we get a chance to meet, I'll teach you how to say "Pak the ca in
>Havad Yad."
> It's even stronger than a 'Joisey' accent. Or a southern drraaawwwwlll

I thought it was "Pak the ca at the cub and go into the bah for a drink
with the gels." I could be wrong though, it's been many, many years since
my ship was at the Boston Navy Shipyard for several months. I remember the
Forest Hills Irish bars and the expatriate Irish who had fled after the
1916 revolt with great fondness. The folk of Massachusetts were pretty kind
to a young sailor from Texas back then.

>Happy Thanksgiving to all our Canadian friends. If you think your missing
>something in the above conversation, consider yourselves blessed. <VBG>
>
>Matt Trahan  <matttrahan@ecsu.campus.mci.net> or <garden@juno.com>
>USDA zone 8, AHS heat zone 7, Sunset zone 31, northeastern N.C.

George, whose long term memory is getting much better than his short term
memory